Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Salsa Chicken

A chicken and rice recipe?  Now we're talking!  I have heard lots of good things about this recipe, how easy it is, how awesome the flavor is....  I also heard a rumor that you can take a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker and put chicken in it-cook it in the microwave for 20 minutes and you will get delicious, juicy chicken every time. Are both of these rumors true?  I'm about to find out! 


Normally, this recipe is made in a slow cooker, for 8 hours on low.  I was inspired by Dunne's recipe at With a Cherry on Top for my own adaptation of this dish.  Her way you get amazing chicken that is easily shredded for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tostadas, nachos, etc.  The way I did it, was quick and easy-but the chicken won't be easily shredded-but it will be oh, so delicious and full of flavor.   


We served it over rice:


Salsa Chicken
Serves 5


Ingredients:
5 Chicken Breasts
1 16oz  Jar of your Favorite Salsa
1 can (10oz) Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 packet Taco Seasoning (or your own Taco Seasoning)
Your favorite hot sauce


Place the chicken on the bottom of the Deep Dish Baker.  In a separate bowl mix the can of cheddar cheese soup and the jar of salsa along with the taco seasonings.  Cover your chicken with the mixture and turn your chicken pieces over to get both sides covered with your sauce.  Add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce to each chicken breast.  Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes.


That's it!


This is what the chicken will look like when it's all done cooking.  (I took out 2 pieces of the chicken before I took this picture.)  It is the easiest meal I've ever made.   It is a bit on the spicy side, but that's the way we like it.   You can make it as spicy or as mild as you would like by choosing a mild salsa, a medium salsa or a hot salsa.  The addition of the hot sauce can be omitted completely.  Also, if you aren't feeling it, you don't need to make your own taco seasoning.  Grab a packet at the grocery store and throw that in instead!  This recipe can be made for you!  And it's easy no matter which way you make it.


This meal was completely done in less that 25 minutes.  Now that's an easy dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment