Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Hummus

I've made this recipe twice now and I absolutely love it.  It's such a simple recipe but packs some pretty good flavor.  It's a spin off from the recipe Hummus III at All Recipes.com



Hummus
Serves 4


Ingredients:
1 14 oz can of chick peas with the juice reserved
3 tsp tahini
One lemon, juiced
3/4 tsp sea salt
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 pinch of paprika to top it off


Drain the chick peas and reserve the juice in a separate bowl for later.   Add the chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and olive oil into a food processor and blend until smooth.  Add juice from the chick peas as often as needed for the consistency you like.  Transfer to another bowl to serve and top with a pinch or 2 of paprika to dress it up.


This is so much better than the store bought hummus.   The recipe is easily doubled, but I only have a mini food prep and it wouldn't hold much more than this.  So I halved the recipe from AllRecipes.com and it works perfectly!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment