Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grilled Glazed Salmon Sandwiches

For Mother's Day my brother and I didn't want to just grill up some chicken and serve it.  We wanted to make something special and colorful-just like our mom.  It just so happens that my trusty subscription of Food & Wine was delivered the day we were talking about what to make!

 

Grilled Glazed Salmon Sandwiches
recipe from the June 2010 issue of Food & Wine magazine
serves 4

1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup prepared horseradish, drained
2 Tbsp honey
Four 6 oz skinless salmon fillets
Vegetable oil, for rubbing
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper


In a small bowl, combine the mustard, horseradish, and honey.  
Rub the salmon with oil then season with salt and pepper.  Grill salmon over moderate heat skin side down, until lightly brown.  Rotate and continue grilling until salmon is almost fully cooked through.  Rotate again and brush about 1 Tbsp of the horseradish glaze onto each fillet.   Continue cooking until glaze is set and salmon is done cooking-about 30 seconds and remove from heat.


Serve on a roll with greens of your choice and the rest of the horseradish glaze on the side.


My mom loves salmon.  And I'm not sure how often her and her husband grill it-so I thought this was the perfect meal.  Everyone said it was delicious, and I'll have to take their word for it because I can't eat fish.  Instead of using individual fillets like the recipe suggests, I bought a huge salmon fillet from the deli and we cut each fillet to fit the bread roll.  It worked out really well and the portions were perfect.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice sandwich Amy. I love your new kitchen. You now have a wonderful spot in which to create. Enjoy. I really like your blog and will be back often to see what you've been cooking. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete