I love cilantro. I wish there were more recipes to use it since I love it so much. When I went in search of a cilantro pesto and found this recipe I was in heaven.
Guru's Cilantro Lime Pesto Pasta
Original recipe from: Food Network.com
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (do not include stems)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
- 4-5 cloves chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup shredded asiago, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups pesto sauce
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, julienned
This recipe was good, but it wasn't as saucy as I would've liked. I did add some extra olive oil and water to the food processor to help lighten the sauce some. It was a very flavorful side dish though. I would definitely make it again, but instead of using store-prepared pesto sauce I would rather make my own. The store stuff is nice if you're in a pinch and don't have time to make any. Definitely quick and easy!