Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cilantro Lime Pesto Pasta

I love cilantro.  I wish there were more recipes to use it since I love it so much.  When I went in search of a cilantro pesto and found this recipe I was in heaven.


Guru's Cilantro Lime Pesto Pasta
Original recipe from: Food Network.com
Serves 6

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (do not include stems)
  • 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 4 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
  • 4-5 cloves chopped, fresh garlic
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1 cup shredded asiago, divided
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 4 cups pesto sauce
  • 1 cup sun-dried tomato, julienned
 In a food processor mix together cilantro, olive oil, water, almonds, garlic, lime juice, 1/2 cup asiago, salt and chicken broth on low speed for 2 minutes. Set aside. In large saucepan combine your favorite cooked pasta (I used tortellini), pesto sauce, and contents of food processor. Stir. Heat over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour into serving bowls. Top with remaining asiago and sun-dried tomatoes.



This recipe was good, but it wasn't as saucy as I would've liked.  I did add some extra olive oil and water to the food processor to help lighten the sauce some.  It was a very flavorful side dish though.  I would definitely make it again, but instead of using store-prepared pesto sauce I would rather make my own.  The store stuff is nice if you're in a pinch and don't have time to make any.  Definitely quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment