Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cilantro Lime Rice

I love rice.  I'm pretty positive that I could eat rice every day for the rest of my life.  And be completely happy.  When I go to Chipotle, I always ask for extra rice.  Because what is better than rice?  But more rice?! 


This recipe isn't exactly like the rice from Chipotle, but I'm gonna say it-I like it better.  Shhhh-don't tell Chipotle on me.  I still love them  ;-)



 
Cilantro Lime Rice
Servings: 4



Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup basmati rice
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
zest of one lime



Add the oil to a sauce pan then heat on medium heat.  Add the garlic and the rice to the oil.  Saute for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.



Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and salt to your rice.  Bring to a boil.  Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.  (If you use a different type of rice-cook the rice according to package directions.)



When the rice is done, add lime zest and cilantro.  Stir to mix and serve immediately. 



We've had this rice in burritos, mixed in with shredded pork, along side fajitas, and more.  It is a great side to any mexican inspired dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment