Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know how some recipes just bring you back to your childhood? This is one of those for me. This recipe is from a bag of Baker's chocolate chips from more than, oh 25+ years ago. It might still be the same recipe on today's bags, but I'm sure it has changed over the years. This particular one though-is the one my mom always made.


Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe from Baker's Chocolate

Ingredients:
1 cup softened shortening
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp water
2 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I omitted this.  We never put nuts in our CC cookies.)
1 package chocolate baking chips

Beat shortening, sugars, vanilla, water, and eggs until light and fluffy.  Mix flour with soda and salt in separate bowl; blend into shortening mixture.  Stir in nuts (optional) and chips.  Drop 2 inches apart from teaspoon onto greased baking sheets.  Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.




These cookies are the best because they are slightly crunchy on the outside yet soft in the middle.   That is the key to a good chocolate chip cookie, in my opinion.  They never last long in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment