Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

No Mayo Chicken Salad

It's summertime, which means it's camping season!   And it's time to start making some recipes that can be made ahead of time and taken with us on our camping trips.  My husband doesn't like mayo, so this was my solution to a dish usually slathered in it.



No Mayo Chicken Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled, cooled then cubed
1 (8oz) container of plain yogurt
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
3 stalks green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp dill
1/8 tsp  celery salt
1/4 tsp sea salt


Combine all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.  Serve on bread for sandwiches or in a bowl for a nice simple lunch dish.  Serve cold.


This recipe could easily be changed up by adding some hard boiled eggs and some diced baby dill pickles to the mix.  Or another version could have diced granny smith apple pieces and sliced grapes.  Adding toasted walnuts to that would be really good too!  Mmmm, I might have to try that one next time.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken salad is one of our go to meals for camping too! i use a yogurt, mayo blend for mine :-) looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete