Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Herb Roasted Potatoes

I love those little cubed potatoes they have at some breakfast restaurants.  Le Peep is one I can think of where I can't leave a potato behind!  I like making my own because you can make them a little spicier than restaurants usually do.  These are a bit spicy, not overly so, and delicious with breakfast, lunch, or dinner. 


Herb Roasted Potatoes
Recipe adapted from this recipe at Allrecipes.com
Serves 6

Ingredients:
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/8 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Mix oil and all spices together in a large sized bowl.  Add peeled and cubed potatoes and mix until potatoes are completely coated with oil mixture.  Add more oil if necessary.  Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

Take potatoes out and increase oven temp to 475 degrees.  Turn potatoes over and continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes until nicely browned.  I recommend flipping one more time if you have to cook them longer than 10 minutes.

1 comment: