Shredded Chickensource: Food.com, slightly adapted by Amy's New Kitchen
servings: depends on what you're making with it. About 8-10 servings.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeded if you prefer less heat)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- chicken broth (reserved)
Remove chicken from broth, let cool, then shred. Reserve the broth for later.
Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooling saute the butter, garlic clove, onion, tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, pepper, cilantro, and cumin for 10 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken then briefly saute. Add tomato sauce, salt and 1/2 cup of chicken broth at a time until the chicken is as juicy as you like.