Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mango Mustard

We were having brats for my dad's birthday dinner and I wanted to have all the toppings.  So I put out a little shout out on Facebook and asked what were people's favorite toppings that I needed to have.  Mango Mustard came up.  I hadn't heard of it before but I'm so glad I made it!  It is soooo good.  I don't like regular mustard much, but this was a fresh, vibrant flavor and was absolutely delicious on a brat with some sauerkraut and cheese.



Mango Mustard

Ingredients:
1 Mango, peeled, cored and cubed
Honey
Apple Cider Vinegar
Rice Wine Vinegar
Garlic Powder (Good Quality)
Yellow Mustard (Good Quality)

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until flavor and consisitency is the way you want.

The amount of ingredients to add to your mango just depends on how big the mango is and what flavors you like.  I eyeballed all of my ingredients but if I had to estimate, I would say that I used 1 mango, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar, 1/2 tsp good Garlic Granules, 2 Tbsp good Yellow Mustard.



This recipe can grow like a weed until you find that perfect flavor you are looking for.  Luckily for me-I hit it right off the bat.  But, don't be afraid to keep adding ingredients until it is to your liking. Start small, and work your way up.  You can always add more of something, but you can't take it back once it's all blended together.  If you find you made quite the amount, don't fret-this is great on grilled fish, or chicken, just use it like a satay sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe and recommendation. Our mango tree is producing again so I'm looking for new things to do with them. Other than fresh, freezing doesn't work as well (unless for smoothies) so i look for recipes other than the obvious chutney. Last year was mango ketchup (yum!) and various sauces. This year, I thought, hmmmm, mustard? Good to know someone has gone before me!
    Cheers, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice recipe Amy. I heard about this from a restaurant featured on the Food Networks 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives'. This topping went on hot dogs. Take care. PS: You are lovely.
    Charles

    ReplyDelete