Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Individual Scalloped Potatoes

These little guys are so fun and easy!  We made them as a side dish with our brats for my dad's birthday dinner and they were devoured in no time.  I don't even really like potatoes, and I thought they were great.  I guess a stick of butter does make everything taste better.  Thanks Paula Deen!  ;)

I found this recipe at The Tasty Kitchen.  Yum!


Individual Scalloped Potatoes
12 servings, 2 each


8 Whole Medium Potatoes
1 Stick Butter
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup Diced Scallions
24 tsp Half & Half
Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper


Pierce each potato with a fork, sprinkle with salt and wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 15 minutes.  Potatoes should still be firm.  Set aside to cool until they can be handled, then slice.  


Place 1 pat of butter in the bottom of each mold of 2 muffin/cupcake pans, then a slice of potato, add a pinch of salt and pepper, then cheese and scallions.  Repeat layers so you have at least 3.  They will condense down-so don't worry if they don't quite fit.  Top each mold with another small pat of butter and drizzle each with 1 tsp of half & half.


Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  The cheese will be melted and potatoes will be crispy on the edges and brown.


If you need to use up some of that leftover Easter ham- dice it up and add it to the mix.  It would be delicious.  I should have made more because between 4 boys...I didn't have any left.  But I'm glad my dad enjoyed his birthday dinner.  And I'm extra glad I found this tasty recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment