Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

12 Layer Dip

This is my spin on the famous 7 Layer Dip.  I like more layers of flavors, so I put them in my dip.  Don't be shy-add whatever deliciousness you want on your dip.  Get crazy.  Do an avocado layer, put some fresh peppers in there, jalapenos, habaneros, chiles in adobo, whatever tickles your fancy.   This is my go-to recipe:



12 Layer Dip
Serves 6


1 16oz can refried beans
1 packet taco seasoning (or your own blend )
1/2 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken), cooked and drained of all grease
Your favorite hot sauce, in dashes, about 2 tsp
1 cup of salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1 4oz can diced green chiles
2 cups shredded cheese (I like the mexican style preshredded)
3 Tbsp sliced green onions, diced
1/2 cup lettuce, finely shredded
1/4 cup sliced olives
1 roma tomato, diced (or you could grab a can of Rotel and drain some of those tomatoes)


Mix your refried beans and taco seasoning together until well blended.  Take a glass pie plate and layer the ingredients in the order listed.  I like to put a little cheese in between the lettuce and olive layer for color.  

You can see the lovely layers:

No comments:

Post a Comment