Welcome to my kitchen! This is a blog that is evolving as my life does. I like food, but I don't have all the time in the world to cook. So lately, I'm going with simple, easy recipes. I may switch that up occassionally and post something time-intensive, but that isn't what I'm about these days. If that sounds like you - I hope you enjoy some of these recipes.

Friday, April 20, 2018

Asparagus and Turkey Bacon Quiche

This was my first quiche and I have to say I like quiche!  It's such an easy and portable breakfast food too.  I made this for a work potluck and it was devoured!  I loved the combination of asparagus and bacon, but you could use ham and broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes, chicken and roasted red pepper-whatever you're feeling!


Asparagus and Turkey Bacon Quiche
source: Allrecipes, slightly adapted by Amy's New Kitchen
serves 8 per quiche, makes 2 full quiche!  :)

Ingredients:


  • 2 unbaked deep dish pie shells
  • 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 10 slices turkey bacon
  • 1/4 cup diced green onions
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups shredded colby & monterrey jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400.  Pre-bake pie crusts for 10 minutes.


Blanche asparagus by placing in a microwave safe container in a single layer and just covering with water.  Cook on high for 2 minutes.   Remove from water and set aside and let cool.


Cook bacon in a skillet until browned.  Cut into smaller pieces and set aside.


Place asparagus, bacon pieces, and green onions evenly between the 2 pie shells.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  In a bowl beat together eggs, half & half, nutmeg, salt and pepper.  Pour egg mixture evenly on top of cheese.


Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes until egg mixture is firm and set.  Make sure to check with a toothpick.

This was such a pretty quiche and plates really nicely.  I loved all the colors and flavors in it.  I would highly recommend it if you're feeding a group!

4 comments:

  1. – Thuốc bổ nội tạng: thành phần chủ yếu là thuốc bổ các cơ quan nội tạng. Đặc biệt tăng nội lực cho gà, tim khỏe mạnh hơn. Gà vận động được nhiều hơn và không bị thở dốc, không bị đuối sức.

    – Vitamin tổng hợp: Nhằm bổ sung các loại vitamin còn thiếu giúp chú gà không bị nóng trong người. Thuốc này kích thích hấp thu tốt các chất dinh dưỡng, đảm bảo quá trình phát triển của cơ thể gà.
    da ga ucw88
    chơi đá gà
    choi da ga
    Thank Admin !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chief capabilities associated with a home seem to be to help you keep, prepare yourself and additionally make meals diet and additionally to try and do corresponding projects just like dishwashing.lenx serial number lookup

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.washing machine stops at rinse cycle

    ReplyDelete